Discover the astonishing amount of validated DITA you can create w/in structured FrameMaker "out-of-the-box" from predefined templates and structured applications. See context-sensitive formatting, and other benefits of structured documents. The session will include:
- How to use 3 views to edit XML: (a) WYSIWYG view (b) Author view and (c) XML code view
- Use Intelliprompt to insert or wrap valid elements
- Recommended uses for attributes
- Smart Paste to insert unstructured data into DITA topics
- How to use Intelliprompt when inserting <element> as code in XML code view ... and more
Although we can't cover everything in this session, the extensive exploration of the product will give you a realistic sense of just how powerful FrameMaker 11 really is, and how you can cut time and unnecessary expenses from your publishing projects. Watch our calendar for an upcoming September 2013 session on "under the hood with Structure" which will explore the EDD.
About the Presenter: Maxwell Hoffmann, Adobe's Global Product Evangelist for Tech Comm Suite, has extensive tech comm publishing experience, having worked for a variety of publishing vendors and translation agencies before coming on board with Adobe. He is a former FrameMaker product marketing manager with Frame Technology (before Adobe acquired the product), and has trained over 1,200 people in scalable publishing solutions over the years. During his 15 years in the translation industry, he had approximately one million "pages" of documentation or Help content cross his screen during post-translation reconstruction.